I think Kitchen Witchery is one of the most popular forms of magick because it's so easy & something that can be done daily!
Everyday we eat at least 3 meals a day, breakfast, lunch, & dinner. That opens us up to a wonderful opportunity to make magick for; love, wealth, healing, & protection.
To make the most out of our cooking it's important to know what different herbs & spices can do for you, these are correspondences.
Correspondences operate under the idea that like attracts like.
Basic Kitchen Magick Correspondences
- Allspice- luck, financial gain, healing.
- Anise- cleansing, warding.
- Apple- connection to the Goddess (all forms), health & wellness, divination.
- basil- money, love, success.
- bay leaves- wish granting, protection, strength.
- Cinnamon- energy, power, successful outcome, sexual attraction.
- dill- money, romance, safety.
- Eggs- new beginnings, fertility, protection.
- garlic- protection, connection to the dark goddess,
- oregano- legal matters, attracting romance, peace/calm.
- Onion- psychic ability, getting to the heart of the matter/clarity, releasing grief.
- Parsley- increasing sex drive, cleansing, protection.
- mint- prosperity, removal of evil energy, travel.
- Red Pepper flakes- energy, cursing, empowering, protection.
- rosemary- cleansing, protection, love, healing.
- Salt- cleansing, purifying, protection.
- Sugar- drawing, love.
- Thyme- psychic strengthener, attraction (romantic), healing.
This is by no means a definitive list, these are just the tip of the iceberg so to speak.
Here are some great reference books for herbs, roots, and kitchen Witchery, for aspiring kitchen witches.